What can I do if my account has been banned?
Violations of our policies and guidelines may result in account suspension. More information about account suspension/bans can be found in the related articles below.
Before appealing your ban
- Read through our terms of service and fully understand the rules we have.
- If you believe your ban was in error and a moderator has made a mistake then use this form to argue your case. Explain everything in as much detail as possible providing proof if necessary.
- If you understand why you were banned and believe you have learnt from your mistake then write a genuine letter of apology here and a moderator may reinstate you based on your actions.
- Appeals are one-way; you will not be able to converse with the moderation team so put everything you think you need to into the fields below.
- If the moderation team decides to keep your account banned you will not hear from us. If you are unbanned then the best way to find out is to keep checking back.
- If you have been banned for admitting to piracy then you will need to provide proof of purchase for your game. Proof we accept: if the game is a Steamworks game submit a link to your Steam profile in your unban request message. Ensure your profile is open to public viewing and change your "Summary" in your profile to contain your Nexus username somewhere in it, or similar. We can then verify the game is in your Steam library. If it is not a Steamworks game then please provide similar proof of purchase, such as a picture of the box with a paper note saying hello to the Nexus staff.
- Unban requests require the approval of at least 3 moderating staff members, and we discuss each unban request in detail before making a decision. This can take several days. Please be patient during this time. Any efforts to circumvent your ban (such as creating another account) during this time will invalidate your appeal and may result in an IP ban.
Accounts banned on the Nexus Mods website
If your account has been suspended or banned, you are encouraged to review the accounts moderation history. This information can be found posted publicly in our Rules and Warnings forum, which can be found here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/188-forum-rules-and-warnings/.
Users may file a one time appeal emailing email@example.com. Ensure you are contacting us from the email address associated with your account so we can identify the account you're referring to.
Accounts banned on the Nexus Mods Discord server
If you have been banned from the Nexus Mods Discord Server you may receive a DM informing you of the reason for the ban (example below). If you do not and are unsure why you have been banned, please contact a Moderator or Community Manager.
You may appeal your ban by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you must include your full Discord username e.g. Nexus-Mods#3214 in order for us to look into the appeal.